Meet our team
Municipalities across Western Canada and Northwestern Ontario seek advice from DD West LLP when they undertake complex transactions and projects, including:
- the negotiating and drafting of operating agreements, supply agreements, and management agreements
- request for proposals and request for expressions of interest
- borrowing and lending transactions
- the creation of municipal corporations and other entities for municipal purposes, such as, amalgamation and annexation matters
- purchase, sale, lease, subdivision, and development of land
- public private partnerships (P3)
- grant programs and grant agreements
- fibre optic cabling projects
- CAO contracts
DD West LLP’s detail orientated and inventive legal counsel clearly recognizes our client’s mandates and business objectives. We advise on the best methods to obtain and meet those objectives. We offer support and guidance throughout the whole commercial transaction process so our clients are protected and up-to-date on all aspects of the transaction.
Our lawyers offer a particular skill-set unique to working with quasi-municipal entities and offer extensive and intensive technical and practical knowledge of commercial law combined with the unique aspects of municipal law.