Erin A. Lawlor ForsythAssociate
Prior to attending law school at the University of Manitoba, Erin obtained her Bachelor of Arts in Psychology at the University of Winnipeg.
Throughout her law degree, Erin was involved with various law student groups and held the roles of Governance Coordinator of the Manitoba Law Students’ Association (MLSA), Photo Journalist of the MLSA, Secretary of Canadian Lawyers Abroad, member of the Business Law Group, and member of the Feminist Legal Forum.
In the community, Erin is dedicated to the non-profit swimming organization Manitoba SwimAbility and is a member of the Board of Directors and Chair of the Board Development Committee. She has previously volunteered as a Human Resources Committee member and swimming instructor for the organization. She has also been a volunteer at the Legal Help Centre in Winnipeg for the past two years.
In her free time, Erin enjoys travelling, swimming, interior design, and learning about health and medicine.
- Publication in the Journal of Banking Regulation, titled "Financial Institutions and Money Laundering: A Threatening Relationship?”
- Achieve Training Centre Certificate in Mediation – Facilitating Difficult Conversations
- University of Winnipeg Dean's Honour List, 2010-2014
- Women in Law Award for 2020, in the sector of Administrative & Regulatory Law from Lawyer's Monthly Magazine.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Manitoba SwimAbility (Director of Board Development), September 2016 – Present
- B.A., University of Winnipeg - 2014
- J.D., University of Manitoba - 2017
- Called to the Manitoba Bar - 2018
- Access to Information and Privacy Law
- By-laws and By-law Enforcement
- Commercial Transactions and Contracting
- Construction and Infrastructure Law
- Environmental Law
- Governance and Municipal Management
- Infrastructure and Utilities
- Labour and Employment
- Litigation And Administrative Law
- Municipal Reorganizations
- Planning, Development and Zoning
- Property Tax Enforcement
- Real Property